Hoge School was on Caldwell Street at the corner of Reese (now Wicker Drive) Street and Caldwell St.
The school appears on an 1881 map of Newberry and is mentioned in the 1899-1900 book Annual Report of the Commissioner of Education, Volume 2
in a list of schools called "public high schools for negroes."
Hoge Graded School is listed in the1921-22 Newberry City Directory at 701 Caldwell St, J.M. Johnson, principal;